( guests will NOT see this page you are reading )
Basically, what we're trying to do here is help local folks leverage the coming eclipse. Nature provides, so we should certainly take advantage of this in every way we can. Our creative event planners have come up with a very ingenious way of helping our local rural land owners get 100% FREE land clearing AND get paid for it. Very simply, we want to use a portion of your land, clear it using a professional land clearing company that won't cost you a penny at all as the land owner and this will be done up front before the event. As we want to have the land suitable for pitching tents for 2 nights.
This means we'll be sending out an army of people to pick up rocks, dead tree branches, removing cactus and other dangerous invasive fauna on your property, as well as smoothing out paths ways. Then, on April 1st, 2024 we will begin parting out RV lots, Food/Merchendise vendor lots, and tent lots. Then, the day before the eclipse the event attendees will arrive starting at noon, stay for the following day, most will probably leave after the event but we'd like to give them until the following day until noon to check out and get off property.
Land Owner Info
By default, we provide the following services BEFORE the event takes place at our expense.
- Professional Land Clearing
- Complete Event Management, no interaction from Property Owner Required
- We will handle all security with a professional security company using nothing but top professionals and NOT "mall cops"
- Trash Management during the event, before, and after
- Complete clean up and make ready after the event
- We'll handle all the marketing and advertising, of course the more you post online with a link to your property, the more bids we'll get
- Continued property rental for future events if property owner is interested
- We issue a 1099 rental tax form to property owners for funds transmitted as pay out
We are offering the possible revenue streams for property owners that are with in no more than 50 miles off the direct line of path of totality. If you research, EVERY other place is offering flat static rate pricing only. From the property owner prospective, this will not yield the maximum revenue possible from this extremely rare event and Happy Times Events has build a very special bidding/auction site specifically tuned to handle this event. Remember, as a property owner, you'll earn 35% of GROSS REVENUE from all these sources ( except returns on carnival tickets may vary based on precise location and land availability). These include, but are not limited to.
- Park-and-View - Vehicles come park on your land and arrive no more than 4 hours prior to 12 noon, and leave at 3PM CST. We are selling 5% of the available capacity of any given property as Early Bird Tickets for this at $97 each, then, on the day before black friday 2023, we will release another 15% of available capacity and raise the price to $147. After the first of the year, the remaining 80% of lots will go up for auction/bidding only with a starting bid of $147.
- Overnight Only - Guest arrive with tents or bumper pull travel trailers, pop-up campers, or RV's, arrive, and just like a parking lot, just park, arrive April 8th at 8am and leave April 9th at 8am. We are charging $247 for Early Bird Rates, $447 for the 15% of stock at flat rate, and starting bids for 80% of the capacity of your property for bidding starting at $447.
- Small Festival - Guest arrive with tents or bumper pull travel trailers, pop-up campers, or RV's, arrive, and just like a parking lot We set up full maps of your property and lay out spots for up to 25 food and merchandise vendors, we provide porta potties fully at our expense. We also include all the barriers and drive paths being laced with 4'x8' outdoor Vinyl Banner ads sold to local businesses surrounding your property. Vendor lots we're doing Early Bird specials for $747 per lot.
- Full Festival - Guest arrive with tents or bumper pull travel trailers, pop-up campers, or RV's, arrive, and just like a parking lot We set up full maps of your property and lay out spots for up to 100 food and merchandise vendors, we provide porta potties fully at our expense. We also include all the barriers and drive paths being laced with 4'x8' outdoor Vinyl Banner ads sold to local businesses surrounding your property. With the addition of food and merchandise vendors, you can add in the park-and-view, and cart in a lot of locals as well to come shop and eat the vendors and sell more tickets above and beyond those that spend 2 days over night. Vendor lots we're doing Early Bird specials for $747 per lot. With the combination of banner ads, food vendors, park and view lots, your sure to maximise your revenue.
- Family Funfest Carnival -Just like a full festival only, if you have 35+ ares we will place one of our many midway travelling carnivals out on your property and you'll earn lots of extra revenue from ticket sales.
Our Equrina Fields property has RV slots already with power, water, and sewage. We are adding genuine real fiber internet to them as well and we're getting $1997 for those on an Early bird special. If you do not have RV lots already like this and want them, for this event, we'll throw up 1/2 the cost of getting them installed if you, the property owner throw up the other 1/2. When the event is over, you could be left with an RV park, that cost you 1/2 the price as normal to get started, and in 1 single event, you'll make a crazy profit.
Ideally, we'd like to get a perfect rectangle of 1000 x 1500 feet, much like a large pasture. This size is what we based our revenue estimations from. Now of course, it doesn't have to be an exact shape, we just went with that so we could get solid numbers with lots laid out in grid using the 55 gallon barrales and ropes. These big lots will contain at the full size the following lot types with rough volume we're hoping for.
Food/Merchendise Vendor Lots - 35
Premium & Standard RV Lots - 100
Tent/Popup Camper Lots - 250
4'x8' Banner Ad Spaces - 400
We also want to do "Park & View" lots where we open up the lot at 12pm noon the day off, and by 6pm the same day all vehicles are cleared off the park and view lots. We are limiting the size of park and view lots to 100 vehicles and they will be sectioned off in roughly 100 x 150 foot areas with 4 barrels. Park & View lots will generate the same 35% of gross revenue and will hold 75 of the 4'x8' banner ads spaces which will work the same way as "Big Block" lots as well starting at $100 flat rate.
As you may be aware already the federal agency that keeps track of hotel rooms and such has put on a story on 7/9/2023 stating that ALL, 100% of hotel rooms for the day of, day before, and day after are already gone and booked, can't get any with in 100 miles of the path of totality of the eclipse. In addition, 97% of campgrounds and RV parks are booked as well. In Ohio, some RV lots are going north of $20,000 a night for that first week in April due to the eclipse. So you can about do the math. So how are we estimating supplies, labor, and set up? More or less, we're looking for properties of 30 - 40 acres ideally or more. If we laid out lots in a perfect rectangle of 1,000 ft x 1,500ft ( roughly 34.4 acres ) this will give us 35 Vendor Lots, 190 RV lots, 260 RV lots and 400 4'x8' banner ad spaces along the path runners.
Based on this, for a "full block" property we were at first thinking of doing flat rates, but, being the geniouses that we are decided we're going to do only the first 20% of lots rented by static flat rate and all others by auction/bidding only. This will ensure we get the most amount of money these Eclipse nerds are willing to pay, as well, no one can come back on the land owner or event mangaers ( us ) because the bidders are declaring what they are willing to pay not what we're charging. How ever, we are going to start the vendor lots, in order to help encourage both bidding, and getting some good food vendors in there we're going to start vendor lots at $500 and all vendor lots will be purely bid/auction only. RV lots we're going to start at $1,000, tent/pop up camper lots are going to start at $250, banner ad spaces are going to start at $100, and those again, will remain static price set until 20% are gone to help ensure local business owners get a fair chance at reasonbly priced ad banners.
Based on the above mentions, we pay property owners 35% of gross revenue off the top. This will be paid out via direct bank wire or cashiers check three (3) business banking days after the vent closes on Thursday, april 11th to give all transactions the fully 72 hours to close and collect and be transferred into our account. Based on the above minimum bids and static flat rate prices for the first 20% of lots, that gives the property owner a minimum of $100,000 provided every lot and banner ad sells at the very low end. We start hitting $10,000 bids on RV's though, as a property owner, its very possible for you to pull in $1,000,000 + on this.
The map below shows the path of totality. The green line represents the path that will have the longest viewing time at 4 1/2 minutes. If the green line lands on your property and you need some land cleared or want to make a good chunk of money, then please consider signing up as a property owner/venue and we'll take care of EVERYTHING for you. Click the map to enlarge it. The blue squares are "Big Blocks" with overnight RV/pop-up camper/tend lots and the blue circles are park and view lots only.
If your interested in leasing your property out from April 1st, 2024 - April 10th, 2024, please fill out the form below to get a call back from one of our staff members and we'll get in touch ASAP!
[contact-form-7 id="801" title="Eclipse Property Owner form"]